Whitworth Volleyball

Whitworth Volleyball

Monday, June 1, 2015

First CrossFit Friday Challenge!

Hi Girls!

The first week of summer workouts are behind you....onto week two!  I've been thinking about our team a lot this past week.  I always wonder how each of you are doing personally.  That is, are you getting some time to enjoy yourselves this summer, or do you have some memorable plans to look forward to?  And...of course I wonder how each of you are doing physically with the workouts.  Are they demanding too much of your time?

There is a saying I love that may pertain to both enjoying yourselves this summer, as well as feeling pride in the training we are doing together, even though we're apart from each other.  You probably have heard it.  It goes like this, "I'd rather regret the things that I have done than the things that I have not done."  I hope you all are finding time to refresh, enjoy family and friends, as well as get swole!  Is that a word!?

Our Friday CrossFit Challenge was "Annie", which has become a staple of our summer workouts.  I did single unders instead of double unders, but I doubled the amount asked on each set, and did the prescribed amount of sit-ups...still nursing my knee a bit.  My time was 11:31.  That's a minute slower than last summer!!!  How did each of you do?

Please take time to let me know how the workouts are going, as well as contact me with any questions.  You can do that by text, email or on our blog.

A Hui Hou,
Coach Pancho

5 comments:

  1. My time was 8:15. Slower than the end of last summer, but double unders should start to improve again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My time was 7:01. After three years, I think I am finally starting to get the hang of double-unders!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry this is late... But mine was 6:39!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I had posted this, so I apologize but my time for the Annie workout was 9:12 as I am still getting the hang of double unders.

    ReplyDelete