Whitworth Volleyball

Whitworth Volleyball

Friday, June 5, 2015

Do You Recognize The Opened and Closed Doors In Your Life?

Happy Friday Girls!


"When I open a door, no one can close it. And when I close a door, no one can open it. Listen to what I say." Revelation 3:7b (CEV)

My wonderful wife recently shared this scripture with me as I have been letting old demons creep up on me, feeling a little more than inadequate, and spending my time (little at that) "doing religion" vs. hearing God's voice, and seeking Him first each day.  Do you remember our words we chose in the fall?  Mine was and still is RENEW.  

So many times I look around me, and I admire those who are doing more, have more, are happier or seem to be having their dreams fulfilled.  It causes me to forget about the doors that God has opened in my life.  If I just bulldoze forward, stay focused and work harder, everything will go according to my plan.  

My goal is to always be the best version of myself, rather than let others define my success.  I forget to be thankful for the doors God's opened, as well as the ones He's closed. Even when I have the best intentions, His plan is always better. You may be asking, "What the heck is Panch writing this for?"  Well, I came to Whitworth Volleyball after a rough, a near two year struggle with coaching, teaching, who I am, people I thought were wronging me, forgiveness, bitterness...basically a door God was closing at that time, which would lead me to coaching with Kati and all of you girls...a blessing and opened door.  I was letting the world define what the best version of me was, rather than letting God work in my life, so He could help me to chisel away some of the old me to make a better me. In short, you all have been a blessing to me, and today and every day I'm thankful that I'm your coach.  Each of you inspire me greatly when I look at the hard work you've put in to be great people, students and conference champions.  You've all come far, and I can't wait to see how much further you'll come during next season.

Here's what you've really been waiting for...Friday's CrossFit Challenge. 

"The 7": 7 rounds of 7 wall ball shots, 7 push-ups and 7 burpees for time.  

Wishing you a great weekend and workout!
Pancho 


13 comments:

  1. My time for this challenge was 6 minutes and 6 seconds. The gym we have in town only has one weight of a medicine ball so I did it with a 12 pound ball. Made it super tough! Also, had to throw it to my mom instead of against a wall because our gym has cheap wood paneling and I already almost put a hole in it so they won't let me use it anymore haha! So I think my time could have been way faster if I wasn't having to wait for my mom to throw it back ( she dropped it a lot :) I love her ) but overall a good workout for the shoulders and got my heart rate up too! Hope all is well for everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Inspiring read! My time today for the crossfit was 7:02. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My time was 5:08. My med ball is small. So that made it a bit easier.
    Is there a certain weight of med ball you would like us to be using this summer Jamie? I've been wanting to get a new one, I just don't know what size!
    Have a good weekend everyone :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. My time today was 5:29. Just as a note, foam rolling my calves and quads has saved me a lot of misery the day after the workouts, so I really recommend it if you're not doing so already!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So... my time isn't accurate at all haha so I don't have a wall to throw it against either is throwing it straight up okay? Also, my mom accidentally paused the timer(love her too haha) so I doubt the 3:00 mark is what I finished it in haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. My time was 6 minutes and 31 seconds. The push-ups KILLED me!
    Thanks for the inspirational words Panch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My time was 8:48!
    I hope everyone's summers are going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My time was 8:48!
    I hope everyone's summers are going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Forgot to post my time, but didn't do this one until Monday. Tough one for me! Time: 6:56 as prescribed with 20 pound med ball. Good job everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Forgot to post my time for this one! I got 6:05 on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Forgot to post my time for this one! I got 6:05 on this one :)

    ReplyDelete