Whitworth Volleyball

Whitworth Volleyball

Friday, July 25, 2014

"Lumberjack 20" - CrossFit Friday Challenge!

It's Friday....Oh My Goodness!

Good Morning Girls...I was sitting at my kitchen table relaxing, thanking God it's Friday, sunny, and thinking about what I will do today when I realized..."Hey! I forgot to post this week's CrossFit Challenge."  I will keep it short this week team in terms of words so we can get going.

This week's WOD is called The Lumberjack 20:

Run 400 meters/20 push-ups
Run 400 meters/20 elevated push-ups (feet on bench, chair or box)
Run 400 meters/20 sit-ups
Run 400 meters/20 walking lunges (each step counts as one, so 10 each leg)
Run 400 meters/20 burpees
Run 400 meters/20 scissor jumps using alternating leg action
Run 400 meters/20 double-unders

We did this workout back on June 13th.  Take a look at what your time was, and then try to beat it this time.  I love this one!

We're almost there girls!  Don't forget how we started our summer.  Other teams, players may be letting up. We're after something bigger this season. Our spring and summer will define our fall season. So....

 RUN YOUR RACE TO WIN!
Corinthians 1:24 - Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.

Have a great workout and an awesome weekend! Win The Day!
Coach Pancho





11 comments:

  1. Hello everyone! Before I say my time, I'd like to say that I am SUPER sick with a cold and it is almost impossible for me to breathe during the day let alone during a workout. I almost quit the workout the couple of different times but you guys were in the back of my mind telling me to keep going so I did, and I did finish with a few rests throughout the workout.:) My time today was 25:33. Happy Crossfitting to you all and have a great weekend:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello team! My time for today's challenge was 19:11, I ran the 400m's on a treadmill this time around and it was a little bit more challenging than running them on a track but I did manage to improve! Happy Friday everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I could have done this in a cooler part of the day instead of 95 degree weather but I have a double shift today and now was the only time! But it was such a good workout and I beat my time from the first time by a little bit. I got 17:42 this time. It was nice to have that first bench mark to help keep me motivated through the whole workout, but both times I have done this I think the part with the burpees is the worst! But the good thing is it felt much better this time :) keep up all the hard work everyone!!! A little over 2 weeks left!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just now posting my workout from this morning, I wasn't able to post earlier. Today I got 20:03 which is slightly slower than last time but I think the wisdom teeth and doing the double unders were taken into account as well. Lookin forward to a few weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good work girls! Andie...way to tough it out, but don't make yourself anymore sick than you already are. We want you healthy when we start our season and school. My time was 19:52 today, which is 50 seconds faster than last time. Funny thing is I felt like I did worse. I guess not. Maddye, way to push through the heat! I'll get the post up earlier next time so you don't have to wait. Way to go everybody!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello team!! Man this crossfit was a challenge this morning! I got 18:06 so better than the first time! couple more weeks :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey guys! Great to see you guys stickin with it this late in the summer, way to go :) I did this workout at red rocks apitheatre this week which was so fun! My time was 18:32!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello everyone! I got a 21:57 on this one, which is an improvement from last time. Keep up the hard work ladies! I am excited to see you all soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey ladies :) My time was 18:38, which was a slight improvement from last time. Looking forward to seeing all of you in a couple weeks! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always have a hard time remembering to come back on here and post. I'm sorry! My time was 19:28!
    A week late is better than nothing, right??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I had to do the running part different because I wasnt on a track, so my time was ~ 18:50. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete