Whitworth Volleyball

Whitworth Volleyball

Friday, June 21, 2013

WOD #3 Crossfit Challenge

Hello Whitworth Volleyball Team,
This week's challenge is then"Fran" workout. Some of you have already completed Fran today. To recap, it is:
1) thrusters with a 45-95 lb. bar...your choice.
2) pull-ups
3) double unders (jump rope) *I added these in because many of you said you wanted to work on your vertical jump and agility/quickness. "Fran" doesn't involve double unders.
Your reps are 21 for the 1st round, 15 for the second round and 9 for the third round.
Example 1st round: 21 thrusters, 21 pull-ups and 21 double unders
You repeat thebsecond round with 15 reps of eac exercise and so on.

I hope you guys are enjoying the workouts. Coach Bodecker and I get excited to see your posts each week.  We were on campus Thursday, and we are getting excited as we plan for the upcoming season. Keep working hard together.  If you have questions, please send them our way.
Go Pirates!

14 comments:

  1. Sorry for all the typos...typing on an IPad isn't as easy as I thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello!

    I really enjoyed this week's WOD. It was over so quick but boy was I sweating! My time was 5 minutes and 39 seconds. Hope all is well with y'all :)

    Briu

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey everyone! Hope you guys are enjoying your summer and these amazing workouts! I was able to do Fran in 3:48. Can't wait for next week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey guys I did all of this week in 6;15. I'm still terrible and double-unders and step on the rope almost every other time so I did tuck jumps instead since this is for time and that takes forever to restart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys! It took me 4:53 to complete the fran workout this week! Hope all is well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This workout took me 5:10 to complete :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I completed this week's challenge in 4:42 :) Missing you all like crazy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I did this one in 6:13
    I stuggled with the pull ups.

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI guys! so I thought the schedule said WOD #4 for this week so I did that instead... Oops! But I'll do WOD #3 tomorrow so I'll make sure to post. Love you all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey guys!
    I did the WOD #4 on Friday as well, and I didn't get a chance to do the WOD #3 until today.
    I got a 6:22. Those thrusters worked me well!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I got 4:20! what a good workout

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow I guess my post didn't go through but I had a time of 5:07

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well you see, I didn't know we were to do it as fast as you could, so I took my time so I could do the technique right. :/ But if its any consolation. I did all my reps, no assistance for the pull ups, and I ended up doing 85 lb thrusters for two sets and maxed out on 145lb three times and went back down to my regular weight. Still catching up!

    ReplyDelete