Whitworth Volleyball

Whitworth Volleyball

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Crossfit Challenge - WOD #4 "Annie"

Aloha Pirates VB,
This week's WOD is called Annie. It is 5 rounds of double unders and sit-ups (full). The rounds go like this:
Round 1: 50 (50 double unders and 50 sit-ups)
Round 2: 40 *same progression as first round 40:40
Round 3: 30 *continue 30:30
Round 4: 20 *continue 20:20
Round 5: 10  *continue 10:10

I did this WOD today, except I thought it was push-ups instead of sit ups so my shoulders and chest were on fire...not to mention my legs. I also did the workout after doing a running WOD that was run 1 mile rest 3 minutes, run 3/4 mile rest 2 min, run 1/2 mile rest 1 min and finally, run 1/4 mile...DONE. So...if you want another challenge you can throw in some other workout too.

My time for Annie was 11:33 and since you girls are toasting me in the workouts I know you'll get better  than that. My challenge to you is to text, call or Facebook each other to get everybody posting their times. Coach and I wanted to make this competitive, as well as find a way for us to connect with one another throughout the summer. We're in this together and we're stronger together.

Do great on your workouts!
Coach Pancho

14 comments:

  1. I just finished Annie and completed it in 7:19! I like your challenge Coach Pancho. My cell number is 360-621-0188. :) Hope to hear from all you girls! Keep up the hard work ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay so I totally posted my results last night and when I came to check on other people's it was gone! So I guess I'll post again.

    First of all I would like to give a shout out to Jaclyn. You are a stud and your times are nuts. Keep up the great work. Can't wait to meet you in August!

    Secondly, I finished Annie in 7:52. The hardest part was trying to keep my hips from cramping up while doing the situps. Did other people have a similar problem?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha you are too nice! And yes my hips always seem to pop when I do the sit-ups! Great time though!!! Keep up the hard work and I can't wait to meet you either :)

      Delete
    2. Great job ladies!! I finished Annie in 7:44! This summer is going by so fast , less than two months til we are all together on the court! Hope summer is going well!

      -Maddye

      Delete
  3. Also I have been looking through previous posts and mine haven't been working ... It at least I don't see them. I don't know what's going on .... I have been doing these great WOD's, I just don't know why they don't work sometimes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maddye you're a slacker. I doubt you've been doing them...:)

      Delete
    2. Maddye, i just saw this and it made me check too and some of mine didn't work either. Which is so embarrassing cause you guys don't even know me and I'm not posting anything. But please believe me that i have done all the workouts!
      Anyways, i will tell you my Annie workout again- 8:03

      Delete
  4. Hey ladies I tweaked my ankle and was hoping it'd be good enough to do the WOD by this weekend. I still can't jump on it although it's not very swollen anymore. I should be able to jump soon and I'll post times when I get them done. Sorry. =(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey ladies!! I did this weeks workout in 9:20. I hope everyone is doing awesome!! Can wait to see you all in about 43 days!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys! I finished this week's WOD with a 7:08 time! Keep up the good work ladies! and sorry about the ankle steen :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey guys! I did the Annie in 5:21. I am excited to come back and see everyone in a little over a month. Happy July!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey guys! I'm pretty positive I did it right, but I got 4:20.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ok my time was 6:35. I love practicing those double unders! Keep up the work ladies.

    ReplyDelete