Whitworth Volleyball

Whitworth Volleyball

Friday, May 23, 2014

First CrossFit Friday Challenge!

Happy Friday Girls!

I hope the week has treated you well, and that you all are off to a good start with our summer training program. Remember, your dedication will pay dividends for you and our team during the 2015 season. Our team has gained a great deal of "toughness" during the past year together, and I'm certain summer will be no exception.  You're all in this together...never think you're doing it alone.  Somewhere this summer you have a teammate training and thinking about you!

RUN YOUR RACE TO WIN!
Corinthians 1:24 - Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win.

Every day, when you put in the effort to train in any way (spiritually or physically), you get stronger. 

CrossFit Friday Challenge for May 23, 2014:

"Annie" - 50, 40, 30, 20, 10 double-unders and sit-ups
You do 50 double-unders with a jump rope and then 50 sit-ups
Then, you do 40 double-unders and 40 sit-ups
They, you do 30 double-unders and 30 sit-ups
Finally, finishing with reps of 20 and 10 in the same progression

Remember to record your time here, and you will be able to see your teammates' times. We will do this one again later in the summer, and you will be able to see improvements you've made, as well as those your teammates have made.

I hope you all had a great week! FINISH STRONG!

Win The Day!
Coach Pancho

9 comments:

  1. My time for Annie was 5:02.40. I love this one, especially since we have been working on our double-unders a little this spring. I hope everyone is enjoying your first week of workouts:) Miss you all, and incoming players: feel free to ask any of us returners any questions about the workouts or about school, volleyball or whatever! Go Bucs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My time for this Annie workout was 9:48. I STRUGGLE with the double-unders, but I will gradually get better :) ! Keep working hard Bucs! Miss you all already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My time for Annie was 12:19. I gave it my all and can't wait to try it again sometime. I had a pretty hard time with the double-unders. I'm so excited to become a pirate and meet everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My time for Annie was 11:16. Being short with a long jump rope makes double unders a bit more challenging i realized. Time to invest in my own jump rope :) hope everyone has a great Memorial Day weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My time for the Annie is 9:14. Like the rest of you, I struggled with the double unders. I will definitely have to practice those! Keep up the good work ladies :) you are all awesome and getting stronger every day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey guys! Hope you all are having a great Memorial Day Weekend! Double unders were very hard! Andie can attest to how hard I struggled during lifting. But I finished in 10:34.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK girls. I did the "Annie" workout this a.m. in 12:26....so Izze...you get better at double-unders and I'll get better at full sit-ups...my goodness. This is a good one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey...everyone of you have whooped me so far! Good job! I better get to work.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Let's see if this works. My google account has been having some techincal difficulties. My time was 7:14. Keep it up guys!

    ReplyDelete