Whitworth Volleyball

Whitworth Volleyball

Friday, August 2, 2013

Crossfit Challenge - Endurance WOD

Hello Whitworth Volleyball,
This week's WOD is an endurance WOD.  It's the one I mistakenly did a few weeks ago as WOD #5.  It goes like this.

ENDURANCE WOD:
Run 1 mile - rest 3 minutes
Run 3/4 mile - rest 2 minutes
Run 1/2 mile - rest 1 minute
Run 1/4 mile - DONE!

Each phase is for time.  I do suggest taking 3 minutes rest on the first phase; eventhough, I'm not always patient enough to wait.  The next lap into the 3/4 mile phase tells me I should have. Do your best!  This WOD in my opinion is just for you to see what you can get out of the tank so to speak.  Just keep pushing through this one.  It's always a tough one for me, but I feel extremely accomplished when done.

Have an awesome weekend ladies!
Coach Pancho

8 comments:

  1. Oopsy, I guess I did the wrong WOD again! I did #6 and my time was 1 minute and 16 seconds. On Monday I will do the correct one and post my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! :) I did this run yesterday and boy am I sore today... my times were
    1 mile: 6:14
    3/4: 4:35
    1/2: 2:52
    1/4: 1:15

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys! I did the endurance WOD yesterday and definitely improved my times from the last time I did this one. Shout out to Nicole because running next to her was a huge motivation to push myself and run faster!
    1 mile - 7:17
    3/4 mile - 5:18
    1/2 mile - 3:23
    1/4 mile - 1:24

    I was also wondering what we are suppose to do next week for WOD #6. The word document says to do 50 box jumps and 50 back extensions and then below says 500 reps. Does that mean that we are suppose to do each set 5 times so we do 250 reps of each exercise totaling 500 reps or are we just suppose to do 50 reps each and ignore the 500 reps line?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was wondering the same thing actually but I think that the 500 reps was for WOD #4 because of that asterisk next to it. But I could definitely be wrong too!

      Delete
  4. 1 mile: 6:45
    3/4: 5:05
    1/2: 3:02
    1/4: 1:18

    this one is a hard one!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey guys! This time I ran this WOD through my neighborhood which has some hills (similar to Whit's previous situation) so it was a bit more challenging for me than last time!

    My times were...
    1 mile: 7:51
    3/4 mile: 6:20
    1/2 mile: 4:18
    1/4 mile: 2:00

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok girls...I'm posting kind of late, but here are my times:
    1 mile - 7:51 (with my new boxer pup)
    3/4 mile - 5:55 (she just followed me around the track this time...pooped out)
    1/2 mile - 3:29 (barked at me a lot)
    1/4 mile - 90 seconds (just watched me this time)

    I jumped rope for 5 minutes afterwards and ran another half-mile to make three miles. Great workout everyone! Where's all of the posts? We'll see everyone soon...can't wait!

    Coach Pancho

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mine is late too. Sorry!! I did it on Sunday and my legs felt like jello after!
    mile - 7:55
    3/4 - 6:03
    1/2 - 3:52
    1/4 - 1:31

    I am still in shock that I am now a college student and college volleyball player! Bittersweet leaving home for the first time, but I cant wait to meet you all.

    Brenna

    ReplyDelete